New Dream


Our visit to Dallas was like stepping into a time machine. I was suddenly close to family and friends that I hadn’t seen up close in months. Much like I sometimes do on a trip to the zoo, I pressed close to the proverbial glass, peering in awe at my loved ones, thinking Wow. Is this thing real?

Amidst the familiar faces, strange new things flitted. 
A ministry on the rise, blossoming from its beginnings in a college town. Two very distinct friends becoming one. A game with dice and stories as an attempt to bring a family out from behind screens. The reuniting of a friendship that began far from home, and the rekindling and fading of others. A little brother with a tasseled hat; the reminder that he isn’t quite so little anymore.

The union of my old life and new.

And somehow, this new life is neither of them.

Among the new, some things were missing. Their absence was noted, sometimes with wistfulness, but the time of mourning is over.

From the shadow of loss comes opportunity. My days as a student, dependent, and single woman are gone. The era of wifehood and full-time employment has begun. Yet still I carry with me friendships that I will continue to cherish as they change, and ahead is a lifetime of adventure.

This is my new dream.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS

Stormy Oklahoma Sunset

Sleepyheads

The Jitters--they could be a band
Bubba Shakes it Off

Rebekah's Photobomb

WE SAW A BEAVER.
Seesters

 oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo