Seek the Treasure Photography

This past weekend, I was privileged to be able to visit my family. One of the highlights of my weekend was photographing my brother Tim, who is a senior in high school.

My interest in photography blossomed when I myself was a high school student, when I made the decision to save my hard-earned money to buy a Nikon digital slr. Far from a simple recording of people and events, photography, for me, has always been about the art of capturing the underlying heart of my subjects. Relationship is the core of my best work, and my photography I aim to be an extension of peoples' life stories.

For Tim's shoot, the heritage site of my hometown was a great setting for our goals, and I got some very satisfying shots.



Tim is the entertainer of our family. As a child, he would always strive to make us laugh, and his antics often resulted in hilarious mayhem.

As a teenager, this trait of my brother's did not change, and it showed in our photoshoot when Tim decided to plank on a hay bale, and to our mom's chagrin, fell in the mud.


Photography is a tool that deepens relationships, fosters friendships, and provides opportunity for adventure. Each photoshoot is a challenge to find the pearl within each person or family or environment. Its a rare treasure, and it is well worth the effort

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21