The Adventure Begins



Workplace Orientation? Check.
Training started? Check.
Benefit Seminar Attended? Check.
Audiobooks for the commute? Checkity-Check.

Day three of new job: Done.

After months of searching, I am thrilled to report that I am finally settling into the challenge and privilege of new employment. As much as I loved the endless job applications, irregular sleep schedule, and loneliness of unemployment, becoming a productive member of society again is a huge relief. And who better to start with than a sister company to Wal-Mart? Arvest Bank was founded by Sam Walton’s son, Jim Walton. Their company mission is: “People helping people find financial solutions for life”. 

I am incredibly lucky to have acquired a position that allows me to get to know many people in many different departments of the business in their offices. After only a few interviews, introductory courses and three days on the job, I have fallen in love with the passion that Arvest people have for what they do and the people they work with. As a company, they are committed to calling people by their name and making them feel valued.

I have been heartily welcomed into the family.

As I learn more about my job and how to work well at it, I look forward to following my own personal mission statement: To show the love and grace of Christ to others through my actions and attitudes as God directs my steps.

Thus, my friends, the adventure begins.